Mwangi Karanja is a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya and a Practicing Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) with over 19 years post qualification experience in accounting, financial management and reporting.
- Masters in Public Administration, Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting option, University of Nairobi
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K)
Membership of Professional bodies:
Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya, ICPAK Registration No. 3250
- Mwangi has over 19 years post qualification experience in accounting, auditing, financial management and reporting.
- Mwangi specializes in delivery of professional audit and financial management support services to Development Partner projects, Government Ministries and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs).
- Mwangi has 20 years’ experience within the Africa region covering Kenya, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Benin, Guinea, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda and Tanzania. Mwangi has been involved in assignments covering training, financial audits, value-for-money reviews, the review and improvement of internal controls, and financial and management assistance to programmes and projects.
- He has also been involved in financial management and institutonal capacity assessments in Kenya, Ghana, Liberia -0nd Sierra Leone. He is also involved in risk management training across various countries in Africa.